It’s my birthday on Saturday! I will be a quarter of a century old. A.K.A. the magical age of 25!
Time is moving faster. The days are slipping through my fingertips. So this is an attempt to solidify the last 365 days in a few hundred words.
Below you can read about 24 lessons I learned while being 24. They’re in no particular order. Blue, underlined text is a link to another post I wrote in the last year that relates to the lesson.
I hope something on this list helps you and makes your day. That is my birthday wish! 🙂
- Sometimes things get worse before they get better. Jobs, relationships, skin, fashion trends… You just gotta be patient.
- Follow your curiosity. It’s guiding you where you need to go (and grow).
- There’s only one you. If you’re inspired to do something, even it’s already been done before, do it anyway. Competition is actually awesome.
- Forgiveness is one of your greatest gifts. Give it away freely. Holding onto stuff makes you feel sad, sick and stuck.
- Confidence is your sexiest asset.
- Assume everyone is gay. Because why do you naturally assume the opposite?
- Eat leafy greens every day to get optimal energy.
- If you feel annoyed or upset with someone? Imagine them as a small child. It automatically gives you a boost of compassion.
- You have to get emotional about something if you want to write well. Your readers can feel how you feel.
- When you wake up, let your first thought be, “Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.” Gratitude attracts more of the thing you’re grateful for.
- You don’t get what you don’t ask for. If want something? Ask for it! At work, in your relationship, at your favorite restaurant… The worst they can say is “no.”
- There are 3 types of relationships. It’s okay for relationships to shift and change. Sometimes you simply fulfill your purpose together and need to move on.
- Money isn’t everything. But you need it to function in society. Make friends with money to make more of it.
- Being a happy person takes work. It’s actually harder to be positive than negative.
- The Five Minute Journal was one of the best purchases I ever made. Get one!
- Sometimes all you want to do is start over. But not everyone is in a position to quit their job and move to across the pond. When I feel frazzled and overwhelmed? I remember to do these things.
- Your mom is almost always right. Listen to her.
- If something’s bothering you? Find a mature, calm way to express how you feel. Offer a solution and move on. Passive-aggressive behavior is pretty much the worst thing ever.
- When you say “no” to something or someone, you’re creating space to say “yes” to something or someone better.
- You never have to apologize for wanting to become a better or different person. This is why.
- Pursuing your passions while working a “regular job” actually makes you a better employee. If you’re not feeling inspired at work? Do something on the side.
- Engagement is key to making good decisions. Thinking leads to more thinking. You have to experience and feel things out to know whether or not they’re a fit for you.
- Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Drive and Google Sheets make life and business so much easier to manage. Automatic saving for the win!
- I’m beyond blessed to have you in my community of readers. I’m so thankful for all the love, support and feedback you’ve given me over the past year. You inspire me to keep writing and sharing my life. My heart is so full! Thank you! 🙂
There you have it! Thank you for celebrating my birthday with me. Have a beautiful day celebrating YOUR life!